News

Remain vigilant

FIRE and Rescue NSW crews from Menai and Riverwood Fire Stations attended a home on Brushwood Drive, Alfords Point after receiving triple zero call from the occupant reporting smoke throughout the house.

The occupant was unsure of the source of the fire and was advised to evacuate.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a wheat-filled heat pack smouldering in the microwave.
Crews ventilated the house and were clear from the scene at approximately 12:45pm.
A Fire and Rescue NSW spokesperson stressed the importance of remaining vigilant and following instructions when using wheat bags.
“Firefighters have responded to numerous residential fires caused by wheat bags overheating in the microwave or wheat bags being used in beds. if your wheat bag begins to smoulder or catches fire, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.”

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.