Preparation 30 minutes l Cooking 3-4 hours (serves four)
1 oyster blade lamb shoulder (approx. 750g)
100g olive oil
1 tbsp salt
500ml vegetable stock 250g water
1 butternut pumpkin, skinned and diced into 2cm cubes
3 sprigs thyme
1 garlic clove, sliced thinly 1 shallot, peeled
150ml vegetable stock 150ml milk
Roast sweet potatoes
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
100ml olive oil 100ml veg oil
2 sprigs rosemary 2 cloves garlic
1 bunch broccolini 100ml olive oil
Black sesame yoghurt
150g black sesame seeds 3 tbsp honey
1 lemon juiced
- Hero lamb: Set oven to 155C. In a blender, add the mint, rosemary, salt and oil. Blend to a paste. Rub on the lamb and place in a deep tray. Pour the water and stock into the tray and place in the oven for 3-4 hours, until the meat falls from the bone.
- Black sesame yoghurt: In a small pan roast the black sesame seeds, being careful not to burn them, remove from the pan and cool. Once cooled, place them in a blender, add honey and blitz until smooth. Combine the yoghurt, lemon and salt in a bowl and add the blended paste. Set-aside until serving.
- Pumpkin mash: In a pot, add a little oil and heat. Add the shallot, garlic and pumpkin and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 mins, making sure not to add any colour. Add the thyme and cook for another 1-2 mins. Add the stock and milk and cook slowly for 10 mins. Once cooked, drain excess liquid off and mash. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast sweet potatoes: Place the sweet potato in a pot of salted water and boil until just cooked. Drain the water and shake the pot to give the sweet potato some rough edges that will crisp nicely when roasted. Place in a deep tray with the oil, garlic and rosemary and put in the oven at 230C for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for another 10 mins until crispy.
- Chargrilled broccolini: While the sweet potato is cooking, put a pot of salted water on the stove and bring to the boil. Place the broccolini in and cook for 3 mins then run under cold water to stop them cooking. To chargrill, cook the broccolini either on the BBQ or in a pan on high for 8- 10 mins, turning occasionally until charred and tender. Pour some olive oil over and toss in a bowl with salt to serve.