Preparation time – 30 minutes; cook time – 25 minutes. Serves four.
800 g beef flank steak
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp smokey paprika
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Chargrilled vegetable salad
2 corn on the cob
2 jalapeno peppers, seeds and stems removed, sliced thickly
200 g punnet of grape tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
50 g feta cheese
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
lime wedges, to serve
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass dish. Add meat to marinade and rub all over, cover in clingfilm and marinate for at least 30 minutes. If leaving longer, place in fridge. When ready to cook, allow meat to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Preheat a char grill over high heat . Brush corn and jalapenos in 2 tsp. oil, and cook, turning frequently for 15-20 minutes or until tender, remove and cover in foil, set aside.
- Remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade. Cook steaks for 4 minutes on each side and place in oven for a further 5 minutes for medium. Remove, cover in foil and set aside.
- Brush the other vegetables in remaining oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking paper lined tray, and roast in oven for 12 minutes.
- On a platter, place sweet potato slices, clusters of corn kernels, and remaining vegetables, top with thick slices of flank steak, and crumbled feta.
• Use one green capsicum rather than jalapenos if sensitive to spicy food.
• Cook one cup of brown rice and serve with salad for a hearty lunch option with any leftovers.
More info and recipes at www.beefandlamb.com.au